Monday 21 May 2012

COP Evaluation:

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them: 


Throughout this module i feel that my largest development is in my theoretical understanding of the attitudes on graphic design from the lectures and seminars that we have had on modernist and postmodern graphic design. i felt that i had enough of a basic understanding to understand the attitudes basics however not enough to produce a publication on this i felt this also gave me an opportunity to look in-depth at something that i had brief knowledge about (postmodern.) I feel that by carrying out this project i feel that it has taught me that research should always provide the content in which you then design from. And most of all i feel that looking into and gaining an understanding of the subject has now educated me in the attitudes to postmodern design and this has made me experiment with the views on design i feel that this has developed me personally as a designer as i now have a wider variety of outcome.  
 
2. What approaches to methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process 


I feel that by writing an on a subject that i am extremely obsessed with was highly beneficial for me this allowed me to really look in depth and increase my understanding to the theoretical elements that always inspire my design production. I feel that from looking in depth at the Modernist movement i am not now designing for design sake but instead my designs are related to the attitudes of a modernist aesthetically. I feel that i will now pick key subjects within the theoretical elements of design that interest me, I can then apply my understanding with further research into the subject which will then effect my design practice.    

    
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?


I feel my work has been produced to a professional level visually and the publication as a whole the looked and was presented how i wanted it. i feel that my main strength was the way that i communicated both attitudes both visually and through content. Before finishing the publication i was worried that as the two design styles where so contrasting that the publication would be far to over powering and would not be aesthetically pleasing. However i feel that i solved this problem by experimentation with format, the calendar format solved this problem as this allows the viewer to only view one design and attitude at one time. I feel this allowed the viewer to actually take in what the attitude was about instead of having so much going on and not understanding what the publication is about. 


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?



I believe that my biggest weakness this module has been time management with the lecture programme i feel that if i had allowed myself more time i would have linked each lecture to my personal practice. This would not only have given me a much greater understanding of the subject but i would have also have gathered more designers and agencies that are linked to my practice. This is something that i will make sure to capitalise on when moving into level 5. Another key feature that i must improve or expand on has to be experimentation with postmodern attitudes on design i feel that by doing this i will give me a wider range of design outcome for the future. I feel that i should have produced design sheets for the publication however i decided against this as each design outcome was to be completely different and the the design held no consistent layout so i felt the designs would be more effective with development digitally.   




5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


I will make sure that i keep up to date with all tasks and lecture notes as i progress throughout the next year this will allow me to not only work on other projects as effectivley but i will also be able to react to lectures and seminars linking this to my personal practice.


Expand on my lecture notes linking them to my personal practice this would allow me to find out how the subject is then linked to graphic design and the designers that come from this, this would then increase my sources of inspiration.


Experiment further with postmodern attitudes as i have found my self linking postmodern aspects within the basis of a modernist design i feel that by experimenting more and more i will then develop a wider range of outcome that will give me a wider range of approach to work with. 


Expand on the essay a lot more i feel that next time i will ask for more feedback on my essay before the hand in, as this is not my strongest area. I feel that I will then look at a wider range of source material to work with. Again i feel this will improve my understanding of the theoretical elements of design.












 

Attendance - 4 
Punctuality - 3
Motivation - 4
Commitment - 5
Quantity of work - 3
Quality of work - 4
Contribution to the group - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment