Thursday 3 May 2012

CONTEXT OF PRACTICE PUBLICATION: Moving on from my presentation

Finalised Publication:
Final Print and binding method:

I initially planned to screen print some of my leaves for my publication, However due to problems with time management and problems booking in for print i decided that i would digitally print my publication, 
i decided that the most appropriate binding method would be to ring bind the pages at the top to create a calendar like format. I feel that would work effectively in that the viewer is only able to see one page (view/opinion) at one time this means that the focus is on the one design only and is not hindered by other pages/opinions surrounding it.      






For the content of my publication i used all of the information and opinions i have generated from my research i then decided to visualise this information in the style in which the view (attitude towards design came from) as i feel that this was a much more interactive way to convey the messages. I feel that from my own experience that it is difficult to understand the principles of a certain view or attitude when it is simple printed out in black and white. However if the design also represents the context or the style in which it came, it is then easier to understand and allows you to interact with the design.






















I have decided to create a publication in the form of a folder/package that contains single poster designs that visualise the research i have found. The designs will show the arguments between post modernist GD and modernist GD and the differences between the two, i will look in depth at examples of each style analysing the visuals, hoping to gain a much greater understanding about the background of each style, i will also look at at arguments from designers for and against postmodern and modernist this can be used as the content of my publication along with my short evaluation for both styles. I aim to design the spreads in the style of the design both postmodern and modernist i will explore this by looking at existing work and my attempts will be produced in both styles of design.










Moving on from my lecture I then decided to categorise the information i have found, i decided to try and visualise aspects of it for the publication: 

   







No comments:

Post a Comment