Monday 25 March 2013

Responsive: SAS Productions_ Brief Analysis:

I have selected this brief because it was another great opportunity for me to experiment with one of my interests logo design allows me to work on creating the identity and the face of companies and this is by far the biggest interest for me at the moment. The brief is to create a logo design only however i plan on pushing this as far as i can and extending this project further and applying my identity design to products i feel this will not only give me the opportunity to experiment with print techniques but also to develop my skills within branding and identity and this can then be used as work for my online networking portfolio on behance_
Job Type Logo Design
Task Outline 
  • Create a Logo Design
Task Description 
I need a logo design for a filmmaker based out of NYC. I'm a filmmaker, so I director, shot, edit feature films, short films, commercials, corporate videos and music videos. I need an overall logo design that will be the face of my company. I want it to be a "brand name" type logo, where it can be easily recognizable if anywhere were to see it elsewhere.
Logo Text SAS PRODUCTIONS
Logo Styles of Interest 
Wordmark Logo

Word or name based logo (text only)
Abstract Logo

Conceptual / symbolic (optional text)
Deadline Sunday, February 17, 2013
Target Market(s) Other filmmakers but also people who might not know much about film and how its equipment and accessories look like.
Look and Feel Each slider illustrates characteristics of the customer's brand and the style your design should communicate.

Elegant Bold
Playful Serious
Traditional Modern
Personable Professional
Feminine Masculine
Colorful Conservative
Economical Upmarket
Requirements 
Nice to Have:
- Logo can have a candle but instead of the regular flame, it can have a film reel coiled up as though burning.

Or a seed growing into a tree with film strips.

A constant motif is the film reel.
 

Moving on from the brief

The main aspects i have taken from the brief is that, the design must represent a key link to its base in New York City, The design must be text baed but image can be used so i feel a combination of the two would be most effective in easily communicating what the company is about.  

The brief shows very little in terms of what they like they state that they want the design to be recognisable but i feel this is going to be very difficult if the design is simply just text based so i feel that the inclusion of an image is a necessity.

In terms of Target audience_ 

The design is to mainly be aimed at other filmmakers but also people who might not know much about film and how its equipment and accessories look like. The initial thing that has come into mind is to use some sort of film equipment within the logo design so that this is a simple but effective method of communicating a theme instantly. 

Look and Feel sliders have been provided to give me a greater understanding of what direction my design should take. 

 And finally at the end of the brief i have been supplied with some requirements that the company would like within their identity these are_ 

Nice to Have:
- Logo can have a candle but instead of the regular flame, it can have a film reel coiled up as though burning.

Or a seed growing into a tree with film strips.

A constant motif is the film reel.

After analysing the brief i feel it is now time for me to push on with some research into specific subjects that will inform my design decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment