Sunday 24 March 2013

Resonsive: Strictly House_ Existing logos and Brand Identittys

I have decided to look in detail at the branding and identity of some of the most popular as successful djs  around at the moment i feel it is important for me to think about why the designers have followed this design direction. I feel this will inform me on how to approach my logo design.  



This logo design is one of my favourites i feel the reason for its success is down to its simplicity, this seems to be the most effective approach for this genre of music i feel that the san serif typeface communciates progression and modernity. However i feel that i cannot produce a design that is to similar to this as my design will not have any innovation. So i feel i must include some aspect of innovation to my logo design.   


Tiesto is known for being the most successful of djs out their i feel that this is reflected by the logo design and brand identity he has created. I feel this is communicated by the simplicity the logo design does not need any innovation as his legacy is all ready known. As my logo design is for up and coming artists i feel it is a necessity for me to create something with innovation and creativity so the design will stand out amongst the others.  

This logo again includes the introduction of a san serif typeface i feel this is a necessity within my design direction as this style of typography represents modernity and progression and this is a direct link to the style of music that the group are producing.  

The logo design shown above communicates progresion and modern, but i feel it is far to decorative and this style will diminish in time, i feel that to create a logo that will be long lasting and effective the typographic elements must not be decorative in any sence as styles change this will not be effective in the long term. 




 Minimalist logos seem to be most effective i interpret this as creating a modern aesthetic again reflecting the idea of progression. however i feel i must be careful to make sure that i don't create a design that is boring.

The designs below show how a logo design can reflect the me music that the artists produce as you can see the two directly below reflect progressive loud sound and this is exactly what they do. 



However i do feel the design are very expressive adn the type does communicate messages in its self for example the rough texture could be in reference to the sounds the artists create. This is possibly something i communicate through my design.



Swedish House Mafia are by far the biggest name out there at this moment in time i feel the introduction of combination of image and type, the use of the 3 dots are in direct relation with the artists involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment