Wednesday 19 October 2011

PROVERBALLY YOURS// MESSAGE & INTERPRETATION: Research on layout, Typeface and Colour Psychology


I have looked into a few styles of typographic layout, and have then selected the one style that I feel is most effective for the style of poster design I aim to Create, I have explained the meaning behind this below.





The use of white space gives off a calming message/feel tho the viewer which in this context I feel will be highly effective. As the poster designs I am aiming to create are there to calm the students into working into further education.



Type that is right aligned to me gives the design a sense of importance almost grasping the attention of the viewer i feel if i combine this with the correct typeface this could be effective.

Typeface: My initial idea was to use a bold serif typeface as this to me signifies importance, after experimentations I realised this idea made the design far to formal and I decided this would scare the students away from the poster brushing it aside.


Poster Research and inspiration:


Simplicity within design, I will be taking inspiration from this and applying these features to my final designs. The use of blank space gives off a clean feel to the design that sends out a message that calms the viewer allowing them to take in the design as a whole.  




The layout of a design is a key feature of creating a design that is not only pleasing to the eye but that also has a high amount of readability and legibility it is a fine line to get this correct i will work on this and will attempt to achieve a happy medium. 


Colour Psychology: 

- The colour yellow is the most attention grabbing colour  - 

Cheerful yellow the colour of the sun, associated with laughter, happiness and good times. A person surrounded by yellow feels optimistic because the brain actually releases more Seratonin feel good chemical in the brain when around this color. It is the colour associated with optimism.

Typographic elements: will be printed in black as this is the most contrasting colour for the yellow background, making the text readable. However I will be sacrificing a decent amount of readability and legibility to create a type design/layout that gives off a modern feel appealing to the younger generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment